Karen, Steve, Jason , and I would like to thank everyone who attended the SPEAK UP walk or made a contribution. A beautiful day to honor the lives of Jason, Sara, and all those who have suffered. We would like to thank our sponsors and volunteers-without each of you this event would not have been such a great success. Thank you for all your donations which will be used exclusively for the teen awareness and education campaign for eliminating the stigma of mental illnesses and preventing suicide. Donations can still be made via the link below or mail to:
Jewish Community Foundation
C/O SPEAK UP
5801 W 115 th street.
Overland Park KS 66211
Checks payable to the “SPEAK UP Foundation”
Donate on line HERE
- Funnel Cake Truck was a huge hit! Who doesn’t love a funnel cake.
- Face painting-Another huge hit with the kids. Loved seeing all the penguins!
- Raffle table-We had some really awesome baskets donated and very grateful to all our donors. Can’t wait to see what next year brings.
- SPEAK UP Gear – Tell us what you want to see next year or what we should have more of?
- Guest speakers-We were blessed with some really amazing guest speakers and always looking to have additional members join our mission.
- Information tables were extremely helpful and got some really great feedback.
- Boy Scouts were so helpful-Thank you for helping break the silence.
- Bonds that were formed within the community are truly a blessing
One last shout out to our all the news stations who stepped up to be present for this walk and showed the community that we will break the silence around mental illness and suicide.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your feedback or ideas that you may have. We are always looking for volunteers and suggestions on how to improve SPEAK UP.
- Email photos from the walk to Allie Doss at email@example.com