What your donation will do:
Funds raised allow us the ability to provide an evidence-based peer-led mental wellness curriculum at no expense to schools. Donations will be used to sponsor national experts and mental health advocates to come to our schools to provide education to students, teachers, and administration to raise awareness of mental health issues and provide resources.
With the help from our donors we are fighting the silent epidemic.
- By creating a safe place to have honest and open dialogue regarding difficult topics with students to create awareness, focus on protective factors, and know it’s okay to ask for help.
With Parents, Schools, and the Community
- By taking a look at teens today.
- By understanding the teenage brain under construction.
- By the importance of one . . . providing scripts for adults to use so that they have the opportunity to build trusting relationships with their children / students.
Using Social and Emotional Learning: Peer-Led Evidenced Based Programs
- 2018-2019 school year in a partnership with Keep the Spark Alive we were fund Sources of Strength a pilot program in all Blue Valley School District high schools, Blue Valley Academy, and Pleasant Ridge Middle School.
- 2019-2020 school year we will provide funding for Sources of Strength in 2 Blue Valley middle schools, Olathe East High School, Olathe Northwest High School, and Raymore-Peculiar High School.
- 2020 and beyond we are partnering with other family foundations and Johnson County Mental Health to fund Sources of Strength in all Johnson County high schools, middle schools and piloting this program in a few grade schools as well.
- We continue to work with many other Kansas and Missouri schools, both public and private, as well and would love to talk with any school leader in the area that is interested in bringing this incredible program to their schools in the upcoming school year! Please contact Tina Rockhold at Tinarockhold.firstname.lastname@example.org