What your donation will do:
Funds raised allow us the ability to provide an evidence-based peer-led mental wellness curriculum at no expense to schools. Donations will be used to sponsor national experts and mental health advocates to come to our schools to provide education to students, teachers, and administration to raise awareness of mental health issues and provide resources.
With the help from our donors we are fighting the silent epidemic.
- By creating a safe place to have honest and open dialogue regarding difficult topics with students to create awareness, focus on protective factors, and know it’s okay to ask for help.
With Parents, Schools, and the Community
- By taking a look at teens today.
- By understanding the teenage brain under construction.
- By the importance of one . . . providing scripts for adults to use so that they have the opportunity to build trusting relationships with their children / students.
Using Social and Emotional Learning: Peer-Led Evidenced Based Programs
- 2018-2019 school year in a partnership with Keep the Spark Alive we were fund Sources of Strength a pilot program in all Blue Valley School District high schools, Blue Valley Academy, and Pleasant Ridge Middle School.
- 2019-2020 school year we will provide funding for Sources of Strength in 2 Blue Valley middle schools, Olathe East High School, Olathe Northwest High School, and Raymore-Peculiar High School.
All proceeds will be used for the SPEAK UP Foundation.